- To plan the manpower recruitment of the requisite quality human resources with necessary qualifications, skills, aptitude, merit and suitability in accordance with the organizational requirements.
- To ensure that the company attracts and retains the best of talents available in each of its areas of functioning.
- To focus on the placement of employees in jobs in which they are best fitted physically, mentally and temperamentally and have strong expectations of being well adjusted to their work and to the work environment.
- To systematically build up a model system for the guidance of and emulation by other enterprises both in public and private sector.
- To ensure adherence to guidelines of Government of India issued from time to time as a Central Public Sector Enterprise and responsible Corporate citizen.
MECON has a valuable Human asset consisting of professionally qualified people recruited through following sources using a mix of Open Recruitment and Campus Recruitment.
For campus recruitment, MECON visits the reputed professional / technical institutes from time to time. We also conduct Recruitment Drives through Written test & Interview on All India basis. An advertisement describing the details of Recruitment process and other specifications is hosted on our website and is published with a window advertisement in National / Regional dailies.
Injection point for recruitment to Executive posts (E-1 grade) – for professionals in engineering, HR, Marketing, Chartered & Cost Accountancy disciplines, etc.
Internal Recruitment & Lateral Entry
Recruitment of Experienced Personnel at different levels
- Lateral Entry: Vacancies are sanctioned by the management and accordingly the recruitment process is designed, the details of which are described in the Open advertisement issued. Aspirants can look out for such advertisements on the website of MECON. A window advertisement is also published in the National / Regional Dailies.
- Internal Recruitment: The internal candidates belonging to different disciplines who meet prescribed requirement for the post as indicated in the rules / concerned circulars. For internal recruitment, the candidates are subjected to test/interview and their general performance is considered based on their personal record and Annual Appraisal Reports.