CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY
MECON's concern towards Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) has been duly reflected in its engagement in rural/community development activities since 60’s. In order to fulfill the objectives of CSR, a dedicated group was formed way back in 1976 with a few handpicked individuals and the group was named as “Community Development Committee (CDC)” and were assigned to look after the activities of "Corporate Social Responsibility".
Subsequently in the year 2010, “CSR Cell” was formed to coordinate the CSR activities of the organisation in association with other employees drawn from various sections as per requirement. Presently, MECON is carrying out a number of activities with special attention to the development of weaker/marginalized/under privileged sections of the society including SC/ST/OBC/Minorities, women and children, old and aged, physically challenged etc.
The major projects/activities/work being undertaken by MECON are as follows :
- Swachh Vidyalaya - Swachh Bharat Abhiyan
- Preventive Healthcare, Sanitation and Drinking Water Projects
- Education, Employment Enhancing Vocational Skills and Livelihood Enhancement Projects
- Setting up homes & Hostels for orphans & Underprivileged and facilities for Senior Citizens, Old Age Homes etc.
- Enviornmental Sustainability
- Rural Development Projects
- Other Activities/ Miscellaneous programs for underprivileged